Matthias Süßen is a freelance journalist, copy editor, blogger and journalism trainer. He was born in East Frisia. Throughout his life, he has lived in a number of cities like Oldenburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Langenburg and today, resides in Bremen. He became a Wikipedian on August 23, 2005, and is mainly active on the German Wikipedia, but also contributes on Commons. On Wikipedia, he mainly tries to improve East Frisian articles but also other articles that needs improvements. He is an enthusiastic amateur photographer. Preferred photographic subjects are monuments and landscapes. I organized a training session at Wikimania. You can find the script here.
More information can be found on the following links:
- Personal Websites: matthias-suessen.de Pixelfehler.de
- Userpage on german Wikipedia: de:User:Matthias Süßen
My schedule/events which I'm interested in...
Wednesday 22 June 2016
- Hackaton esp.: Session: Ask a Wikimedia Developer, 16.00–18.00 Kindergarden Theater (offsite from school)
- Discovering Esino Inferiore with rock music live from 17.00 Esino Inferiore (around Piazza San Giovanni)
- Participative game Città Infinita from 17.30 Gym palace
Thursday 22 June 2016
- Wikimania Takes Lake Como
- Workshop: Engaging local Wikipedians 10.00–13.00 (Villa Rogo)
- Workshop: German Wikipedia 14.00–18.00 (Villa Rogo)
- Workshop for Explainer Videos 14.00–17.30 (Museum)
- Tasting of local products in the old houses and caves of Esino Superiore and choir Delphum from 17.00 (concert of the choir at 20.30) Esino Superiore (around Piazza Sant'Antonio).
- Itinerary to the Belvedere of Agueglio by bus with CAI, from 21.00 Meeting point at piazza Italia at 18.00
Friday 22 June 2016
- Opening (Jimmy Wales, Catherine de Senarclens, Ginevra Sanvitale) from 10.30-12.00 Gym palace
- Improving the photographic skills of wikimedians 14.00–15.30 (Museum)
- How to make a short documentary with a smartphone 16.00–17.30 (Museum)
- Stamp cancellation of Esino Lario, Main square Piazza Pietro Pensa, 14.00-19.00.
- Aperitif Mauri cheeses at the tensile structure, 17.30-19.00.
- Dinner ;-)
- Country music and dance with 700 metri sopra il cielo and Riccardo Cagni at the main square Piazza Pietro Pensa or Tensile structure (loud).
Saturday 23 June 2016
- Four guided tours of 30 minutes each of the cultural heritage of Esino Lario starting from the main Infopoint in Piazza Italia at 9.30, 12:15, 13.15.
- Going mobile and keeping editing: needs and challenges to edit Wikipedia from mobile devices 11.15–11.45 (School, Room 11)
- Designing the future II: Rethinking the layout of Wikipedia articles 11.15–11.45 (School, Room 12)
- Going beyond the edit button, innovative ways of engaging people in our projects 14.00–14.40 (School, Room 11)
- (Dis)information-graphics – Problems, challenges and prospects of visual information in Wikipedia 16.00 (Hall)
- Can Wikimedia go to the movies? 16.00 (Hall)
- Concert by Custodie Cautelari, Matt Backer and Giuseppe Scapato and Sleity at the main square Piazza Pietro Pensa or Tensile structure (loud).
- After dinner with cocktails with liquid nitrogen and snacks at the tensile structure from 21.00.
Sunday 24 June 2016
- Images and NPOV: A Shaky Relationship, Global images initiative; adding images to 50.000 articles, Working with the Media to Promote Wikimedia Projects: The Case of the Uzbek Wikipedia 10.30–12.00 (Hall)
- How You and the Rest of the Wikimedia Movement Can Help Preserve the World’s Cultural Heritage – or How to Beat the Deadline, Present and Future of Wiki Loves Monuments, 14.00–15.30 (Theatre)
- Closing with the opening ceremony of the collaborative space of Esino Lario dedicated to Wikimania (main square Piazza Pietro Pensa). The Esino Lario marching band will accompany the event. Group photo at around 17.00.
- Evening Programme.
Monday 27 June 2016
- Bus Esino to Milan stazione centrale 9am