Programme/Wikimania Takes Lake Como
Wikimania Takes Lake Como is a four-days soft programme of gatherings and site-seeing designed for early arrivals and for people who want to take advantage of the event to visit and discover Lake Como. Participants will be accommodated in the city of Milan, the program will include excursions in the city and in Como. Transport from Como to Esino Lario will be organized by boat and bus on Thursday 23 June 2016. The format of the event relies on the Wikimania Takes Manhattan model and it responds to the need of enlarging the geography of the event and take advantage of Esino Lario location to allow attendees to enjoy and experience other sites and cities.
For Wikimania Takes Lake Como we simply provide:
- Information related to accommodation in Milan and Como; participants will manage directly their reservation.
- A soft program of gatherings and site-seeing; participants will be free to join the program and they will have the chance to meet for those gatherings and excursions.
- The presence of two volunteers organizing and facilitating Wikimania Takes Lake Como.
- An organized travel by boat and bus to Esino Lario on time for the pre-conference.
In Milan we suggest Ostello Bello Grande just next to the railway station - Via Lepetit, 33, 20124 Milano.
Draft programme to be confirmed by Monday. Please do not hesitate to add your suggestions in the discussion page or to add and change the gatherings. These are only suggestions.
|Time||Monday 20 June 2016||Tuesday 21 June 2016||Wednesday 22 June 2016||Thursday 23 June 2016|
|Morning||Free walking tour:||Free walking tour with guide (in English):
||Milano-Como. Train from Milano Nord Cadorna 09:00 arrival Como Nord Lago 9:55 (Name of the train: Treno Regionale 125). Welcome in the station with Elena (she has a sign with Wikimania Logo).|
10:00 welcome bags for participants in Piazza Duomo in Como.
Free tour in Como in the morning.
|Lunch||Lunchtime on the canals||12:00 Lunch: Panzerotto da Luini||Lunch|
|Afternoon||Suggested walking tour with Phyrexian:||Suggested walking tour:||14.30-16:30 - Museo della Scienza e della Tecnologia. Free guided tour (in English) for Wikimaniacs and members of Wikimedia Italia thanks to the GLAM project.||13:00 hangout at infopoint in Piazza Duomo in Como and visits at Life Electric, Tempio Voltiano (exterior), War Memorial (special open for free), Villa Olmo.|
16.15 ferry from Como to Bellagio, then (at 18.10) ferry from Bellagio to Varenna. Free bus to Esino Lario. Remember your luggage!
- User:Daniel Case I have made similar arrangements at the Bello Grande.
- User:Rehman. I'm in room 231F at Ostello Bello Grande from 19th to 23rd
- Matthias Süßen (talk) 06:27, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
- Krish Dulal (talk) 16:56, 28 May 2016 (UTC)
- User:Laxmi Rose
- Bladyniec (talk) 08:39, 3 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 11:39, 7 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Margott (talk) 09:04, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Liridon (talk) 08:39, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- B20180 (talk) 19:08, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- Kiril Simeonovski
- Иван Ж
- I arrive @8:40am at Malpensa, then customs, mass transit, & AirBNB within walking distance. Maybe I can join late or see you @lunch. Peaceray (talk) 22:26, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
June 22 – Science Museum
- Bladyniec (talk) 22:41, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- Daniel Case depending on getting back from Crespi in time and feeling up to it ... God, I've done an awful lot of walking!
June 23 – Como
Remember: from Como you'll travel to Varenna by ferry and than to Esino by bus.
- Daniel Case
- TMagen (talk) 08:41, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- Mardetanha (talk) 10:15, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- Satdeep Gill (talk) 16:09, 22 June 2016 (UTC)