Training sessions/Proposals/How to make a short documentary with a smartphone
Title: How to make a short documentary with a smartphone
Description: Documentaries are still underrepresented at Wikimedia Commons. Nevertheless, it is quite easy to make a short documentary with a smartphone and some apps. The process is so simple that anyone can make them very easily.
Purpose: In this workshop I will demonstrate how to create video content for the illustration of Wikipedia articles with free apps and how to upload the material on Commons. I will present some of the best free video editing applications for Android and iOS devices and the required equipment. Finally, I will give an overview of the basic shooting rules to create raw material that is easy to edit into meaningful sequences.
Targeted participants: This basic course provides an introduction into video editing on a smartphone. It is aimed at the interested layman and beginners who never edited a video before.
Preparatory readings or materials: None required.
Resource: Workshop material
- This will tie in very nicely with my program on Wikimedia breaking into audiovisual content. BD2412 (talk) 03:41, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
- Nice topic and great speaker :) Poco a poco (talk) 18:49, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
- Bodhisattwa (talk) 04:23, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
- Might be interesting.--Juandev (talk) 09:41, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
- Satdeep Gill (talk) 14:46, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
- Dyolf77 (talk)
- Flixtey (talk) 13:49, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
- Sara Mörtsell (WMSE) (talk) 07:04, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- Peaceray (talk) 20:20, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 06:55, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- Ainali (talk) 12:35, 24 June 2016 (UTC)