A lot of things around Wikidata will happen at Wikimania. This is an overview.
Hackathon[edit | edit source]
Lots of people worked on Wikidata as part of the hackathon. Lydia was around to help you get started.
Some of the things that came out of it:
- SPARQL introduction
- Lua introduction
- a demo of using MediaViewer to view images linked in items (phabricator:T71456)
- the EasyQuery gadget which you can enable on Wikidata now (phabricator:T123149)
- mapping and importing of Wiki Loves Monuments data
Presentations[edit | edit source]
(slides are linked on the individual presentation pages where available)
- Wikidata in Wikipedia
- Wikidata Human Gender Index: How Should Biography Gender Gap Data Serve The Community?
- Lessons learned building machine learning models for Wikidata
- How You and the Rest of the Wikimedia Movement Can Help Preserve the World’s Cultural Heritage – or How to Beat the Deadline
- Global images initiative; adding images to 50.000 articles
- User digest: Wikidata
- Impromptu Wikidata tutorial by Asaf for absolute beginners