A lot of things around Wikidata will happen at Wikimania. This is an overview.
Lots of people worked on Wikidata as part of the hackathon. Lydia was around to help you get started.
Some of the things that came out of it:
- SPARQL introduction
- Lua introduction
- a demo of using MediaViewer to view images linked in items (phabricator:T71456)
- the EasyQuery gadget which you can enable on Wikidata now (phabricator:T123149)
- mapping and importing of Wiki Loves Monuments data
(slides are linked on the individual presentation pages where available)
- Wikidata in Wikipedia
- Wikidata Human Gender Index: How Should Biography Gender Gap Data Serve The Community?
- Lessons learned building machine learning models for Wikidata
- How You and the Rest of the Wikimedia Movement Can Help Preserve the World’s Cultural Heritage – or How to Beat the Deadline
- Global images initiative; adding images to 50.000 articles
- User digest: Wikidata
- Impromptu Wikidata tutorial by Asaf for absolute beginners