Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Hello, I am Deryck Chan. I attended Wikimania 2016 with a travel scholarship from Magdalene College, Cambridge.
- 22 June: Arrive at Malpensa 11:15 FY 8729, explore Milan
- 23 June: Explore Milan, then commute to Esino Lario late afternoon (Talk:Journey/Train)
- 27 June: Wikimania airport transfer to Linate, depart 16:55 AZ 238
- ...and recorded an episode of Wikipedia Weekly with Jdforrester and Fuzheado!
Interested or attended sessions
Friday 24 June
Wikimania main conference begins!
- Opening ceremony etc
- m:Communications/Wikimania 2016 (talk to WMF communications team) Fri 14:00-14:30
- Critical issues presentations/Found in Translation: Comparing paid editing policies in the top Wikipedia language editions
- Critical issues presentations/That Was the Year That Was: What happened in Brussels, what comes next and what you should do - "ping-pong" between national level and EU-level advocacy
- Critical issues presentations/“Program and Engagement Coordination” – A reflective process management to take movement conferences to the next level - "Participants, not attendees"
- Programme/Stamp cancellation of Esino Lario Fri 14:00-19:00, Piazza Pensa
- Meetups/Wikimedia Asia Fri 18:00, School
- Evening programme/Aperitif Mauri cheeses Fri 17:00-21:30
Saturday 25 June
- 09:30 Esino Lario walking tour
- Programme/Stamp cancellation of Esino Lario
- Critical issues presentations/Wikidata in Wikipedia Sat 14:00-15:30
- User:Cmglee - Dynamic SVG presentation
- Critical issues presentations/(Dis)information-graphics – Problems, challenges and prospects of visual information in Wikipedia
Sunday 26 June
- 10am WMF Board Q&A - Gym Palace
- Programme/San Giovanni
- Programme/Guided tours of the cultural heritage of Esino Lario
- Discussions/The future of Wikimania Sun 14:45-15:30, School room 11
- Programme/Wikimania closing ceremony and opening of Esino Lario collaborative space 16:00-17:30 Closing ceremony, Piazza Pensa
- Evening programme/I bagni di Gong Sun 18:30, Museum
- Chocholate corner, Tensile Structure, 20:30
- Evening programme/Theremin performance Culiarsi Sun 21:00
In my day job, I am a doctoral researcher in civil engineering at Cambridge University. I am also the acting president of Cambridge University Wikipedia Society.
I have attended five previous Wikimanias:
- Washington DC (with WMF scholarship)
- Hong Kong (as organiser)
- London (with WMUK scholarship)