WMCON Follow-Up Day
- Continue discussing and developing topics and issues of the Wikimedia Conference 2016
- Thursday, June 23 (one day before Wikimania starts officially)
- from 10:00 until 17:30
- Whom to contact?
- Cornelius Kibelka, Wikimedia Deutschland, Program and Engagement Coordinator for the Wikimedia Conference
Cornelius Kibelka, the Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC) for the Wikimedia Conference, invites you to the WMCON Follow-Up Day at Wikimania 2016! It will take place on the 23rd of June in Esino Lario's Gym Palace. The day is hosted by Wikimedia Deutschland and designed to be a space for participants of the Wikimedia Conference and other interested people to discuss topics of the Wikimedia Conference and develop them further.
commons:Category:Wikimedia Conference 2016 follow-up day
See also our Grant Proposal for the Wikimedia Conference 2016 and the concept of the Program and Engagement Coordination
The Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Deutschland jointly agreed on WMDE being the host to organize and facilitate the conferences in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Starting in 2015, the conference can be organized with a long-term perspective, specific goals and with proper involvement of all affected parties. For the first time, Wikimedia Deutschland hired a Program & Engagement Coordinator (PEC) whose primary assignment is to support the program development and liaise with the participants and speakers throughout the year. The PEC creates opportunities at subsequent conferences, like Wikimania, in order to move forward with plans, activities, learnings and conversations.
Are you joining us?
For an easier planning, please sign here. We're really looking forward to seeing you!
- --Cornelius Kibelka (WMDE) (talk) 16:43, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
- Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 16:48, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
- John Weitzmann (WMDE) (talk) 12:10, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Raimund Liebert (WMAT) (talk) 12:54, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Nemo 15:35, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Braveheart (talk) 15:36, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Liridon (talk) 15:43, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- Laurentius (talk) 15:45, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- Tim Moritz Hector 15:59, 16 June 2016 (UTC) until 1530.
- Lingveno (talk) 05:02, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- Polimerek (talk) 07:28, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Muriel Staub (WMCH) (talk) 09:06, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Dimi z (talk) 12:56, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Veronika Krämer (WMDE) (talk) 09:48, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Лорд Бъмбъри (talk) 09:44, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Ліонкінг (talk) 06:48, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 08:42, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- NickK (talk) 08:54, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
Where exactly will it be?
- In the so-called "Gym Palace", the biggest room (halɬ) of the Wikimania. It's in the western part of the village, below the Tent.
What are the topics to be discussed?
Schedule details and descriptions may still change.
|10:15||Short introduction by Cornelius|
Facilitation: Nicole Ebber
In 2017, WMDE will host the Wikimedia Conference for the third year in a row under the new conditions and with a new and evolving program design process. We would like to discuss issues regarding the participant structure and scope of the conference, as well as the eligibility criteria for participating organisations and their representatives. Additionally, we would like to talk about a possible WMCON revamp for the years after 2017.
At the Wikimedia Conference we planned for the upcoming Freedom of Panorama consultation and how to mobilise individuals and organisations to participate. There were two answering guides and some chapters/national policy working groups attempted outreach campaigns. Let us have a debrief to see whose approaches worked and where we were less successful in mobilising. As a second step we will talk about the next steps in the EU's legislative process and highlight the stages during which we need to be active.
Facilitation: Nicole Ebber
The Wikimania Foundation and its Affiliates are contributing to our global mission and working towards achieving an impact for the movement. But what we are lacking is a strategy that enables us to have an the best possible impact. Neither the WMF nor the Affiliates have a clear understanding of specific tasks, roles and shared responsibilities. At the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin, Katherine Maher passed the ball to the Affiliates and encouraged them to come forward with their priorities for a functionally working relationship. It’s now up to the Affiliates to take the opportunity to actively shape the future of the movement in partnership with the WMF in a possible “Affiliates Strategy”. In this session, we would like to discuss the need for this process and possible ways to kick this off.
Facilitation: Vira Motorko, Nikola Kalchev
Organising large scale article writing and photographic contests poise different challenges. In this session we will compare the two kinds of contests, taking CEE Spring and Wiki Loves Earth as examples.
Facilitation: Nikki Zeuner, Christof Pins (WMDE) et. al.
Based on the discussion at the Wikimedia Conference 2016, we would like to gather to discuss how to move forward with the topic of Movement Impact.
See also: Documentation of the WMCON
Facilitation: Raimund Liebert (WMAT), Veronika Krämer (WMDE), Muriel Staub (WMCH)
For volunteers, knowing that their work is appreciated is an important factor to stay motivated - this also applies for Wikimedia projects. In this session, we would like to provide and discuss examples on how to show your appreciation of volunteer work as a volunteer supporter.
Documentation: m:Wikimedia Conference 2016/Program/27