We are using the structure of Wikimania London leaflets for the posters. We decided it was an efficient template, simple and already horizontal (which is good for projecting content). We can also reprint previous materials or use it as a base to update them. We are thinking of keeping consistent the graphic design which is simple but clear and fully Wikimania. So thanks Ed for the work and thanks to all the people who already made posters in 2014. --iopensa (talk) 14:00, 24 February 2016 (UTC)
Size of Posters
- Hi Gnom. Posters will be in a large format, so not like leaflets, but real posters to be exposed on the wall. --Yiyi 14:59, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
Reuse the 2014 leaflet
Speaking for WikiProject Disability on the English Wikipedia. Please reuse the leaflet created for the 2014 Wikimania. We don't need any content changes, so I hope reformatting from leaflet to poster layout can be done easily. Dodger67 (talk) 14:49, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Dodger67. Ok, it's very simple. But could you please enter your request here? So we have all requests on one page of the wiki. Thanks. --Yiyi 19:18, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
I havent been to London, so I dont know the idea behind, but I would say the biggest obstacle for this section is a language barrier. It looks like you can create posters only in English, cus in other languages participants may not understand and those, who understand will be in few numbers.--Juandev (talk) 21:37, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, all the conference sessions will be in English, so the participants are expected to have some knowledge of the language. If they are able to follow a talk they should not have problem in reading a written text. --Atropine (talk) 08:27, 10 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello from Greece:) I just submitted my poster proposal and I have a question to ask: I noticed that the leaflet examples include a QR code in the layout. Will the QR codes be generated by the Wikimania team for consistency (i.e. by using the primary web page supplied in the poster info), or are we expected to submit them on our own, as the Wikiproject Med Foundation has done? Thanks! --Saintfevrier (talk) 01:10, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
I have copyedited most of the poster submissions. Lots of really interesting things! But there are some points that I can't work out.
- Wikiversità - the description here reads like technical/idiomatic Italian that has been translated literally into English - needs attention from someone fluent in both languages as I haen't been able to make much progress.
- Algerian Wikimedians UG AKA WikiDZ. I don't know what this means. "Wikipedia is flowery field different color smell the whatever we want, wherever we want" - likely to be a translation issue
- Wiki 4 Media Freedom - what are "OBC within the ECPMF " - please spell this out
- WikiToLearn - what is KDE?
Cant we collect the posters? Thanks
- Yes, it seems they are nowhere? Would be great to have them on Commons. Kelson (talk) 10:53, 16 October 2016 (UTC)