Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Title||Idealab Mixer (it follows the Learning Day|
|Date||Wednesday 22 June 2016|
|Location||In front of the Collaborative space - Piazza Pietro Pensa|
|Contact||Ellie Young, Marti Johnson, Chris Schilling|
|Other||Planned for ~100 people|
IdeaLab is an incubator on meta-wiki for people to turn ideas into projects to improve Wikimedia projects, websites, and communities.
Wikimedia Foundation Community Resources and Learning and Evaluation teams are hosting an evening mixer during the pre-conference days, to help idea creators meet and discuss their proposals.
- create a fun IdeaLab badge to share their skills, interests, and ideas
- connect with other participants over drinks and snacks
- learn about interesting initiatives in a poster session with project leaders
- make plans to attend a follow-up IdeaLab Workshop during Wikimania to work together on new ideas, project plans, and grant proposals.
- consume delicious refreshments!
- Have an idea for a project to improve Wikimedia?
- Have skills you can share with someone else’s ideas/projects/grants?
- Just generally feel curious about what IdeaLab is and how you can get involved?
Join us and let’s see how we can help each other turn ideas into action!
Hope to see you there :)
- Wikimedia program leaders, WMF grantees and scholarship recipients, and anyone who wants to become an active IdeaLab collaborator.
- Wednesday 22 June 2016, 17.30-19.00
- In front of the Collaborative space - Piazza Pietro Pensa
Sign up for the IdeaLab Mixer here!
- (use ~~~~ to sign your name here)
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 10:30, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- --Telaneo (talk) 08:44, 22 June 2016 (UTC)