Chapters, user groups, major projects and other significant Wikimedia-related or open-knowledge-related organisations are invited to participate in the Community Village, a shared exhibition space and a main social area of the conference. It's the opportunity to build awareness with the Wikimedia movement, other open projects and the general public. It is a space to have informal meetings and small training sessions, and to look at posters about projects and initiatives. The Community Village is located in the Collaborative Space in Esino Lario.
- We are an open movement: Open communities are working towards common goals, let's do something together!
- We want to exchange and support exchanging ideas, inspiration and experience within the open movement.
- We want to inform each other about our initiatives and projects and encourage them to get involved.
- We want to get feedback (best practice, worst practice) to improve our work in the future.
- We want to share your work with the general public.
Please, note that each Community Village participant will have available one table and two chairs.
The registration for chapters/organizations participation in the Community Village has closed on May 5. We will reach out as soon as possible in order to plan ahead.