Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chapters, user groups, major projects and other significant Wikimedia-related or open-knowledge-related organisations are invited to participate in the Community Village, a shared exhibition space and a main social area of the conference. It's the opportunity to build awareness with the Wikimedia movement, other open projects and the general public. It is a space to have informal meetings and small training sessions, and to look at posters about projects and initiatives.
- We are an open movement: Open communities are working towards common goals, let's do something together!
- We want to enable and support the exchange of ideas, inspiration and experience within the open movement.
- We want to inform each other about our initiatives and projects and encourage them to get involved.
- We want to get feedback (best practice, worst practice) to improve our work in the future.
- We want to share your work with the general public.
The Community Village is located partly in the Collaborative Space in Esino Lario and in the Meeting.
- Thursday: 17.30 to 19.00 (set up only)
- Friday: 10:00am - 6pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 6pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 3pm
- Each Community Village participant will be provided a table/half a table and a chair.
- WiFi is available at the Community Village
- Several electricity plugs are available
- Only a limited number of walls are available to hang things
- Unfortunately we can not provide any storage space where people can store their equipment before/during/after the conference
Participants of the Community Village
- Wikimania Women (Florence Devouard)
- Wikimedia Australia
- Wiki Learning-Tec de Monterrey (Leigh Thelmadatter)
- Wikimedia España (Luis Ulzurrun de Asanza)
- Wikimedia TN user group/ MedinaPedia (Mounir Touzri)
- Wikimedians of the Levant User Group (Farah Mustaklem)
- Wikimedia Foundation's Community Engagement department (Maria Cruz)
- Wikimedia ZA (Douglas Scott)
- Wikimedia Algeria (Mohammed BACHOUNDA)
- Free Software Foundation Europe (Michele Marrali)
- Wikimedians of Nepal and Maithili Wikimedians User Group (Biplab Anand)
- Wikimedia Israel (WMIL) (Shai Katz)
- Wikimedia Ukraine
- Mogra techno World (Naresh Prajapat Naresh)
- Shared Knowledge / Wikimedia Macedonia (Toni Ristovski)
- Communications at the Wikimedia Foundation (Heather Walls)
- Wikimedia User Group Ghana (Raphael Berchie)
- Wikimedia France (Sylvain Boissel)
- Egypt Wikimedians User Group (Walaa AbdelKhalek)
- Wikimedia AT (Raimund Liebert)
- Wikimedia CH (Muriel Staub)
- Wikimedia DE (Nicole Ebber)
- Wikimedia Indonesia (Rohana Putri)
- Iraq Wikimedia User Group (Ravan Al-taie)
- Wikimedians of Bulgaria User Group (Vassia Atanassova)
- Wikimedia RU (Vladimir Medeyko)
- Iranian Wikimedians User Group (Mohammad Heidarzadeh)
- Wikimedia Italia (Francesca Lissoni)
- Wiki Project Med Foundation (James Heilman)
- Wikimedia Czech Republic (Jan Groh)
- Wikimedia Polska (Tomasz Ganicz)
- Book swapping group
In case of any urgent issues, please contact muriel.staub[AT]wikimedia.ch.