Note on the Survey
I took the survey and would have loved a place to mention why I chose the values I did. I attended Wikimania 2015 in Mexico City and paid for the expenses out of my own pocket (Hotel, Airfare). My employer (where I do most of my wiki work and who supports me in my wiki-related endeavors) was unable to fund my travels. I felt that the work we had been doing as part of the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group was important. So I scrounged up the money (much to my spouses' chagrin) and went at a sizable personal cost (approaching $1,000 US). However, due to the frequency of Wikimania, and its often international location (both of which are great things!) I won't be able to attend next year without some sort of sponsorship - either via grants or assistance from my employer (the latter being very unlikely). So while I was able pay for the event myself, this one time, it might be a long time before I can do it again. Ckoerner (talk) 14:15, 16 September 2015 (UTC)
- I presume the mentioned survey is this one? Regards --Schniggendiller (talk) 19:27, 16 September 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, the survey asks to post further comments here. Thanks Ckoerner for your addendum! --Nemo 19:44, 16 September 2015 (UTC)
I've carried out surveys/ research and posted several blogposts on WMF blog on communities such as Esperanto, Maithili, Punjabi, Doteli and other communities as well as interviews of leading Wikimedians.
In addition to the above, I've also posted personal blogs on Wikimedia Communities.
Do I qualify as Wikimedia Researcher or is it some other special status? Please provide an early clarification so that my understanding of the term is correct. --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 17:53, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
- I don't see why you cannot list yourself as a researcher . But why don't you expand upon this in the comments area of your application? --EYoung (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
Travel services for partial scholarships?
Two of the compulsory statements/agreements under the "Application agreement" don't seem to be applicable to partial scholarship applications, namely "If I am awarded and accept a grant, I agree to use the travel booking service provided and paid for by the Wikimedia Foundation", and "If I am awarded and accept a grant, I agree to use the grant exclusively for my travel expenses. I promise to reimburse the Wikimedia Foundation for any unspent or improperly spent funds." Could they be reworded to take into account that partial scholarships don't cover travel expenses, please? Particularly the first one - if someone is awarded a partial scholarship that covers accommodation and the registration fee, surely they don't then have to use WMF's travel booking service? Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 19:34, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Deadline: 9th or 17th of January?
As I was going over the information for applying to a scholarschip, I noticed that there are two deadlines for application mentioned: the 17th of january on top of the page in the 'important dates' section and the 9th mentioned under the "Apply" section. I am a bit confused and was wondering when the actual deadline is? Thanks! Mtmlan84 (talk) 08:30, 8 January 2016 (UTC)
- very good point. There has not been enough care taken when the scholarship deadline was changed. Scholarship date is now the 17th. JarrahTree (talk) 08:42, 8 January 2016 (UTC)
- Not that I know. Nemo 10:40, 8 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks, JarrahTree for the update. I was originally planning to submit my scholarship application on Monday so that I could list all my inputs during the weekend. But I submitted my application today after expeditiously compiling my contribs.
about name conformation
hello, am gaurav jhammat and i have applied for Wikimania 2016 full scholarship. there is a mandatory to give surname in application form. So i mentioned here but there is no surname mentioned on any documents of mine. There is only "gaurav" written in every document but "jhammat" is printed nowhere. I just want to ask will there be any issue of full name?--Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 17:13, 8 January 2016 (UTC)
- I don't think this will be an issue, however at some point if you get the scholarship the WMF will probably need to know your official name etc. for sure. Nemo 17:20, 8 January 2016 (UTC)
did anyone have a problem with the survey? I got an error message The request that was submitted was missing the request forgery protection token. Please return to the form, reload the page and try again. So, I repeated - still without a success - and after some attempts and writing the contact mail I see that the submissions are closed. :S
Phase 1 notification
When applicants will be notified about Phase 1 ? and can we know the Number of applications ? I think we need to share this information with community --Touzrimounir (talk) 07:44, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- Have the Phase 1 notifications been sent out? I haven't seen anything on this yet.--Pharos (talk) 00:08, 15 February 2016 (UTC)
Final result notification
- Subject: Wikimania 2016 Scholarship Decision Body: "The Wikimania 2016 Scholarship Committee has made its final decision on scholarship recipients. We regret to tell you that you were not selected to receive a scholarship from the Wikimedia Foundation to attend Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy." was sent to one of our volunteers on Thursday, 3 March 2016. I report the communications and timestamps here for public record. I appreciate the Scholarship Committee for delivering the final result on time for Wikimania 2016. P.S. I did not apply for a scholarship this year but encouraged others to apply for it.--Taweetham (talk) 00:20, 3 March 2016 (UTC)