12 km of curves to Esino Lario
Esino Lario is located in the north of Italy, 100 km from Milan, 12 km from the railway station called Varenna-Esino (which is 1 hour from Milan Central station) and in the area of Malpensa, Linate and Orio al Serio airports.
Check Esino Lario for details about our location.
The important things you need to do if you want to get to Wikimania Esino Lario:
- Check if you need a visa and a passport to come to Italy. If you need a visa make sure you indicate it in the registration; if you need a passport make sure you have it and that it has at least 6 months validity and 6 empty pages.
- Once you have arrived in Esino Lario everything is within walking distance: differently from big cities in which you need to take public transport to reach your accommodation or the venue, in Esino Lario accommodation and the venues are all there, located in the near surroundings.
- → Share your travel details on travel coordinator
From Varenna Esino railway station you need to get a bus to Esino Lario (or a ride with blablacar). We have intensified the busses between Esino and Varenna.
- → See a complete schedule of Varenna-Esino buses
- Get your flight to Milano Malpensa, Milano Linate or Milano Bergamo Orio Al Serio; these are the closest airports to Esino Lario.
- Choose a flight which lands in Italy early in the day or according to the timetable of our buses.
- Book your direct transport from the airport when you register.
- Either, rent a car at the airport or;
- Use public transport to reach Esino Lario from your airport.
- Wikimania volunteers will welcome you at Malpensa terminal 1 and Linate airports on June 21st and 23rd.
- → See a complete schedule of airport buses to/from Esino
- Trains to Esino Lario depart from Milan.
- Milano Malpensa Airport has a train connection to Milan, from other airports there are buses to Milano Centrale train station.
- To reach Esino Lario you can take the train in Milano Centrale (Milan Central Station).
- Look for trains to Tirano (NOT Torino!)
- To reach Esino Lario, you have to get off at Varenna-Esino-Perledo.
- If you are in Bellano Tartavalle Terme it means that you have missed your stop!
- → See more
If you are traveling in particular from Italy and Europe, it can be convenient to travel by car, rented car or rented buses. Please note that buses should not exceed 35 seats on the Varenna–Esino road whereas 50-seat buses can take the Valsassina road: please do come with a maximum 35 seats bus.
- There are no gas stations in Esino Lario. Please get your petrol in Mandello or Bellano.
- → See more
For more visitor information, see Wikivoyage's guide to Esino Lario.