Discussions/Submissions/Editing workshops in Schools, Discussing Pros and Cons, Challenges and Opportunities?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Editing workshops in Schools, Discussing Pros and Cons, Challenges and Opportunities?
- Title: Collaborations in education projects : discussing Pros and Cons, Challenges and Opportunities
- Proposed by: Deror Lin and Darya Kantor
- Description: Taking a 3 years program implementing editing workshops in a school as an example, this discussion seeks to address collaborations in education projects in general.
- Quick outline of the show case: Editing workshops in the HaNagid school (with gifted middle school students) are not easy. There are many challenges, and students/ teachers/ headmaster don't always cooperate or misbehave. There are technical difficulties (not enough computers, no internet, the entire school being blocked on Wikipedia). However this is the third year that this editing workshop is done successful. Why? We'll talk about best practices, learning from our mistakes, and share ideas on the subject, and we can display how we use these challenges to create a more successful project.
- Purpose: A lot of knowhow is gathered when you address a three year running project. Our goal is to learn as much as we can from this success. Expanding to other successful experiences in educational contexts.
- Targeted participants: volunteers in Education programs. Project leader in Education programs.
Questions and Comments 6
- Hi Deror and Darya, thank you for your submission. Please bear in mind that discussions are not presentations, so could you rephrase your proposal so that it is less about your own experience? Also, could you try to list a few school projects from elsewhere that could be discussed? --Gnom (talk) 13:42, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- @Deror avi:. Agreed with Gnom. This track focuses on round table discussions. The topics collaborations in education projects is interesting, and an angle from that may be possible. But I don't think it should be focused so much on a specific implementation. Effeietsanders (talk) 09:58, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi @Deror avi:, congratulations! This proposal, renamed "Collaborations in education projects : discussing Pros and Cons, Challenges and Opportunities" has been accepted by the Discussion Room Committee and will be included in the Discussion Room program. It is tentatively scheduled for Friday 14.45-15.25, 24 June 2016, but that is subject to change. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything our team can do to assist you with preparations for this discussion. I look forward to meeting you at Wikimania; safe travels! -- Anthere (talk) 09:36, 30 May 2016 (UTC)