Discussions/Community health II
You can find a full overview of the discussion topics on the Discussion Room main page. Please note: there is limited seating available, and we're not saving any seats! Please be on time, but feel free to join during the midway break between two discussions.
- Community health II: Tackling harassment
- Date & Time
- Saturday 25 June, 16.45–17.25h
- Sj & Jan-Bart & nithum & Ewulczyn (WMF)
- Primary School (Room 11)
- Harassment and civility issues are a growing concern for the Wikimedia projects as well as other online communities. This past year we have seen calls for machine learning based tools for dealing with this problem in a variety of forums, including Wikimedia-l, the enwiki Village Pump, the 2015 Harassment Consultation and the Community Wish List. We would like to continue these discussions at Wikimania, focussing on the following questions:
- Given a tool that could accurately score a talk page edits across the dimensions of toxicity we want address, how could these scores be used to improve editing culture?
- What are the possible pitfalls we need to consider when building and deploying these tools?
- Sign up as a participant on the Wiki-Detox project page [here]
- Join a discussion on the Wiki-Detox project page (here)
- Help out with labeling enwiki revisions on Crowdflower [here] (WARNING: This task involves exposure to very explicit language.)