Training sessions/Working with organisations to make their content available on Wikimedia
Title: Working with organisations to make their content available on Wikimedia
Author: (insert also a link to your user page) John Cummings
Description: A workshop on working with organisations to make their content available on Wikimedia, the workshop will include:
- Introducing Wikimedia to external organisations
- Explaining to an organisation why contributing to Wikimedia fits with their work and can benefit them.
- Organising work to make it sustainable.
- Importing content to Wikimedia projects including Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia and Wikidata.
- Measuring impact of the work.
People who have experience working with external organisations can work with people with less experience to plan their work.
Purpose: Provide people with an overview of working with external organisations and plan how to approach and work with them.
- People interested in working with external organisations e.g GLAMs
- People with more experience who can offer advice.
Preparatory readings or materials: Having an organisation in mind that you would like to work with would be helpful