Training sessions/Proposals/School of Rock(ing) EU Copyright
School of Rocking (EU) Copyright
FKAGEU, Communia, EDRi
The EU copyright reform is around the corner. The European Commission will publish its proposal in a few weeks. Communia and other citizen organisations are ready to continue campaigning in favour public domain, free licenses and shared knowledge. What we need the most is a network of volunteers who whis to work with us in a coordinated manner to make more free knowledge a reality.
This workshop will introduce you to the basic strategy of advocating for an effective copyright reform in the EU, provide you with the tools needed and make you give you the feeling that you are contributing to a movement effort.
- Provide the tools that can be used to campaign on national level;
- Deepen the understanding of copyright activists of the EU legal and decision-making frameworks;
- Inform participants on how it is possible to influence decision-making in the EU;
- Work out a common message to be used by all European Wikimedians when engaging EU decision-makers;
Volunteers who want to help changing the copyright framework but don't know where to start.
Ideally 15-20 participants for a 3 hour workshop. We would be OK to get a slot during the last preconference day if 3 hours in the main roster are not possible.
Preparatory readings or materials:
Will be shared with participants ahead of workshop.
- (I'm Uruguayan, so European residents may get priority over me.) NaBUru38 (talk) 13:21, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
- Polimerek (talk) 07:48, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- Toblu (talk) 20:24, 21 June 2016 (UTC), provided that I have found my way to Esino Lario by 2pm
- Telaneo (talk) 18:54, 22 June 2016 (UTC)